By Scott Meyers
More than 150,000 copies in print!
Praise for Scott Meyers’ first ebook, Effective C++:
“I heartily suggest Effective C++ to somebody who aspires to mastery of C++ on the intermediate point or above.”
– The C/C++ User’s Journal
From the writer of the essential Effective C++, listed below are 35 new how one can enhance your courses and designs. Drawing on years of expertise, Meyers explains tips to write software program that's more effective: extra effective, extra powerful, extra constant, extra transportable, and extra reusable. briefly, the best way to write C++ software program that’s simply simple better.
More powerful C++ includes:
- Proven equipment for making improvements to application potency, together with incisive examinations of the time/space expenses of C++ language features
- Comprehensive descriptions of complicated ideas utilized by C++ specialists, together with placement new, digital constructors, shrewdpermanent guidelines, reference counting, proxy periods, and double-dispatching
- Examples of the profound influence of exception dealing with at the constitution and behaviour of C++ sessions and functions
- Practical remedies of latest language gains, together with bool, mutable, specific, namespaces, member templates, the traditional Template Library, and extra. in the event that your compilers don’t but help those beneficial properties, Meyers exhibits you the way to get the activity kept away from them.
More potent C++ is stuffed with pragmatic, down-to-earth suggestion you’ll use each day. Like Effective C++ prior to it, More potent C++ is key studying for an individual operating with C++.
By Peter Prinz, Tony Crawford
The re-creation of this vintage O’Reilly reference offers transparent, certain causes of each function within the c programming language and runtime library, together with multithreading, type-generic macros, and library services which are new within the 2011 C commonplace (C11). with a purpose to comprehend the results of an surprising functionality, and the way the traditional library calls for it to act, you’ll locate it right here, besides a customary example.
Ideal for knowledgeable C and C++ programmers, this booklet additionally contains renowned instruments within the GNU software program assortment. You’ll construct C courses with GNU Make, bring together executable courses from C resource code, and try and debug your courses with the GNU debugger.
In 3 sections, this authoritative e-book covers:
- C language suggestions and language elements, with separate chapters on forms, statements, tips, reminiscence administration, I/O, and more
- The C general library, together with an summary of normal headers and a close functionality reference
- Basic C programming tools within the GNU software program assortment, with directions on how use them with the Eclipse IDE
By Jesse Liberty, Bradley L. Jones, Siddhartha Rao
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Sams educate your self C++ in a single Hour a Day
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Jesse Liberty
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Siddhartha Rao
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Bradley Jones
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">The 6th version of Sams train your self C++ in 21 Days
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">More than 250,000 sold!
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">In only one hour an afternoon, you’ll have all of the abilities you must start programming in C++. With this entire educational, you’ll quick grasp the fundamentals after which flow directly to extra complicated positive aspects and concepts:
<UL> * grasp the basics of C++ and object-oriented programming
* research a few of the extra complex beneficial properties of C++
* research the traditional Template Library and the bins and algorithms utilized in so much real-world C++ applications
* the way to construct powerful courses in C++ with hands-on exercises
* Get professional pointers on enforcing C++ within the company environment
</UL> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Learn by yourself time, at your individual velocity
<UL> * No past programming event required
* research C++ and object-oriented layout, programming, and analysis
* Write speedy and strong C++ courses, assemble the resource code, and create executable files
* comprehend the newest ANSI standard
* Use the traditional Template Library’s algorithms and boxes to put in writing feature-rich but solid C++ applications
* advance subtle programming options with services, arrays, variables, and shrewdpermanent pointers
* discover ways to extend your program’s strength with inheritance and polymorphism
* grasp the positive aspects of C++ by way of studying from programming experts
* Works with all ANSI C++ compilers
</UL> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Jesse Liberty is the writer of diverse books on software program improvement, together with best-selling titles on C++ and .NET. he's the president of Liberty affiliates, Inc., the place he offers customized programming, consulting, and training.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Siddhartha Rao, Microsoft MVP for visible C++, has adventure in programming motive force and alertness software program utilizing C++. he's knowledgeable within the home windows programming area and works for a German software program huge. He additionally moderates CodeGuru.com, a colourful on-line programming community.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Bradley Jones, Microsoft MVP for visible C++, runs a couple of software program improvement websites together with Developer.com, CodeGuru.com, DevX, VBForums, Gamelan, and different JupiterWeb-owned sites.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Category: Programming
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Covers: C++
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">User Level: Beginning–Intermediate
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Register your e-book at informit.com/register for entry to resource code, instance documents, updates, and corrections as they turn into available.
By Michael Fogus, Chris Houser
The pleasure of Clojure, moment Edition is a deep examine the Clojure language. absolutely up to date for Clojure 1.6, this re-creation is going past simply syntax to teach you the "why" of Clojure and the way to write down fluent Clojure code. you are going to study sensible and declarative techniques to programming and may grasp the strategies that make Clojure so dependent and efficient.
Purchase of the print publication incorporates a loose e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
The pleasure of Clojure, moment version is a deep account of the Clojure language. absolutely up to date for Clojure 1.6, this re-creation is going past the syntax to teach you the way to jot down fluent Clojure code. you are going to research practical and declarative methods to programming and should grasp ideas that make Clojure based and effective. The booklet indicates you ways to resolve difficult difficulties concerning concurrency, interoperability, and function, and the way nice it may be to imagine within the Clojure way.
Appropriate for readers with a few adventure utilizing Clojure or universal Lisp.
- Build net apps utilizing ClojureScript
- Master useful programming techniques
- Simplify concurrency
- Covers Clojure 1.6
About the Authors
Michael Fogus and Chris Houser are members to the Clojure and ClojureScript programming languages and the authors of assorted Clojure libraries and language features.
Table of Contents
- Clojure philosophy
- Drinking from the Clojure fireplace hose
- Dipping your feet within the pool
- On scalars
- Collection types
- Being lazy and set on your ways
- Functional programming
- Combining info and code
- Mutation and concurrency
- Why ClojureScript?
- Data-oriented programming
- Thinking programs
- Clojure adjustments how you think
PART 1 FOUNDATIONS
PART 2 information TYPES
PART three useful PROGRAMMING
PART four LARGE-SCALE DESIGN
PART five HOST SYMBIOSIS
PART 6 TANGENTIAL CONSIDERATIONS
Tap into the knowledge of specialists to benefit what each programmer should still be aware of, it doesn't matter what language you utilize. With the ninety seven brief and very worthwhile suggestions for programmers during this publication, you will extend your abilities through adopting new ways to outdated difficulties, studying applicable most sensible practices, and honing your craft via sound advice.
With contributions from one of the most skilled and revered practitioners within the industry--including Michael Feathers, Pete Goodliffe, Diomidis Spinellis, Cay Horstmann, Verity Stob, and plenty of more--this e-book includes useful wisdom and ideas so you might follow to all types of projects.
A few of the ninety seven stuff you should still know:
- "Code within the Language of the area" through Dan North
- "Write exams for individuals" via Gerard Meszaros
- "Convenience isn't an -ility" through Gregor Hohpe
- "Know Your IDE" via Heinz Kabutz
- "A Message to the longer term" by means of Linda Rising
- "The Boy Scout Rule" through Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)
- "Beware the percentage" via Udi Dahan
By Steffen Itterheim, Andreas Löw
Create compelling second video games with Learn cocos2d online game improvement with iOS 5. This publication exhibits you ways to exploit the robust cocos2d video game engine to enhance video games for iPhone and iPad with tilemaps, digital joypads, video game heart, and extra.
It teaches you:
* the method and most sensible practices of cellular online game improvement, together with sprite batching, texture atlases, parallax scrolling, contact and accelerometer enter.
* the best way to improve your video games utilizing the Box2D and Chipmunk physics engines and different cocos2d-related instruments and libraries.
* the way to upload UIKit perspectives to cocos2d and the way so as to add cocos2d to UIKit apps.
* the bits and bobs of the Kobold2D improvement setting for cocos2d and its preconfigured libraries, together with cocos3d and Lua.
Best of all, Learn cocos2d online game improvement with iOS 5 can have you making video games correct from the very begin. It publications you step by step throughout the construction of pattern video games. those enjoyable examples are modeled after well known App shop video games and train you key techniques of the cocos2d video game engine and proper instruments like TexturePacker (texture atlas), PhysicsEditor (physics collision shapes), Particle fashion designer (particle effects), Glyph dressmaker (bitmap fonts), and others.
This e-book deals a rock-solid creation to making video games made fullyyt with cocos2d and very little iOS five SDK and OpenGL code. It additionally info substitute implementations, identifies the easiest unfastened and advertisement instruments for cocos2d online game improvement, gains assurance of the author’s more advantageous cocos2d online game engine (Kobold2D), or even is helping you improve your game’s marketability at the App Store.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * the method and top practices of cellular video game improvement, together with sprite batching, texture atlases, parallax scrolling, contact and accelerometer enter.
* how one can increase your video games utilizing the Box2D and Chipmunk physics engines and different cocos2d-related instruments and libraries.
* the best way to upload UIKit perspectives to cocos2d and the way so as to add cocos2d to UIKit apps.
* the fine details of the Kobold2D improvement surroundings for cocos2d and its preconfigured libraries, together with cocos3d and Lua.
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
The ebook is geared toward starting video game builders trying to find a better or even extra strong option to create compelling 2nd portraits utilizing OpenGL and Objective-C. it's assumed that the reader can have a few wisdom of object-oriented programming and the Apple and iPhone/iPad developer setting.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3><ol> * creation
* Getting began
* Your First video game
* video game development Blocks
* Sprites In-Depth
* Scrolling with pleasure
* Shoot ’em Up
* Particle results
* operating with Tilemaps
* Isometric Tilemaps
* Physics Engines
* Pinball video game
* online game heart
* top instruments for cocos2D improvement
* Kobold2D basics
By Alan Thorn
Second video games are far and wide, from cellular units and internet sites to online game consoles and desktops. undying and renowned, 2nd video games signify a considerable phase of the video games marketplace.
In Learn solidarity for 2nd video game Development, specific at either video game improvement beginners and demonstrated builders, skilled online game developer Alan Thorn indicates you the way to take advantage of the strong solidarity engine to create enjoyable and innovative 2nd games.
Written in clear and obtainable language, Learn solidarity for 2nd video game Development will show you how one can manage a step by step second workflow in solidarity, tips to construct and import textures, the best way to configure and paintings with cameras, tips to determine pixel-perfect ratios, and all of this so that you can positioned that infrastructure to paintings in a true, playable video game. Then the ultimate chapters exhibit you how to place what you might have already made to paintings in growing a card-matching video game, plus you are going to methods to optimize your video game for cellular devices.
By Nikolaus Gradwohl
Learn Processing with intriguing and interesting tasks to make your desktop speak, see, pay attention, show feelings, or even layout actual objects
- Teach your computing device to create actual gadgets, visualize facts, and software a customized controller
- Create initiatives that may be run on numerous structures, starting from machine pcs to Android smartphones
- Each bankruptcy offers an entire venture and publications you thru the implementation utilizing easy-to-follow, step by step instructions
Processing makes it handy for builders, artists, and architects to create their very own tasks simply and successfully. Processing provides you with a platform for expressing your rules and interesting audiences in new methods. This booklet teaches you every little thing you want to recognize to discover new frontiers in animation and interactivity with the aid of Processing.
"Processing 2: inventive Coding Hotshot' will current you with 9 interesting tasks that may take you past the fundamentals and convey you ways you can also make your courses see, listen, or even think! With those initiatives, additionally, you will the right way to construct your personal controllers and combine units akin to a Kinect senor board on your Processing sketches.
Processing is a thrilling programming atmosphere for programmers and visible artists alike that makes it more uncomplicated to create interactive programs.
Through 9 entire initiatives, "Processing 2: inventive Coding Hotshot" may help you discover the fascinating chances that this open resource language offers. the subjects we are going to disguise diversity from developing robotic - actors acting Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", to producing gadgets for 3D printing, and you'll the right way to run your processing sketches approximately anyplace from a machine machine to a browser or a cellular device.
What you are going to research from this book
- Make your computing device see, pay attention, and suppose with Processing
- Have enjoyable with unique initiatives whereas studying new tips with Processing
- Use Processing to coach a couple of cardboard robots to enact well-known plays
- Write code you could run on a number of units starting from your laptop computing device for your Android smartphone
- Learn to construct a customized controller and regulate it utilizing Processing
- Use Processing to create movement sensor video games you could play utilizing your Kinect
- Design gadgets you could print utilizing a 3D printer with Processing
Using a project-based process, it is possible for you to to profit the good points of operating with Processing. every one venture includes step by step reasons, diagrams, screenshots, and downloadable fabric to make studying Processing even easier.
Who this publication is written for
This e-book objectives Processing builders ,visual artists, inventive execs, and scholars who are looking to flow to the subsequent point of studying Processing for gaining notion, paintings, or simply for enjoyable. The publication assumes a uncomplicated realizing of programming. notwithstanding, this booklet can be advised to non-artistic readers, trying to extend their images and enhance their creativity.
- Learn to manage, configure, and deal with RabbitMQ instances
- Discover how you can safe and troubleshoot RabbitMQ instances
- This booklet is totally updated with all of the most recent adjustments to model 3.5
RabbitMQ is Open resource Message Queuing software program in keeping with the complicated Message Queue Protocol common written within the Erlang Language. RabbitMQ is a perfect candidate for large-scale initiatives starting from e-commerce and finance to important facts and social networking as a result of its ease of use and excessive functionality. handling RabbitMQ in the sort of dynamic atmosphere could be a difficult job that calls for an exceptional realizing not just of the way to paintings safely with the message dealer but in addition of its most sensible practices and pitfalls.
Learning RabbitMQ starts off with a concise description of messaging suggestions and styles, then strikes directly to concrete useful situations for publishing and subscribing to the dealer besides uncomplicated management. this information is additional elevated by means of exploring the way to determine clustering and excessive availability on the point of the message dealer and the way to combine RabbitMQ with a couple of applied sciences corresponding to Spring, and firm carrier bus suggestions reminiscent of MuleESB and WSO2. we are going to examine complex subject matters equivalent to functionality tuning, safe messaging, and the internals of RabbitMQ. eventually we'll paintings via case-studies in order that we will be able to see RabbitMQ in motion and, if whatever is going mistaken, we are going to discover ways to get to the bottom of it within the Troubleshooting section.
What you are going to learn
- Apply messaging styles utilizing the message broker
- Administer RabbitMQ utilizing the command line, administration internet console, or administration leisure services
- Create a cluster of scalable, and highly-available, RabbitMQ instances
- Use RabbitMQ with the Spring Framework, MuleESB, WSO2, and Oracle databases
- Deploy RabbitMQ utilizing Puppet, Vagrant, or Docker
- Fine-tune the functionality of RabbitMQ
- Monitor RabbitMQ utilizing Nagios, Munin, or Monit
- Secure, troubleshoot, and expand RabbitMQ
About the Author
Martin Toshev is a software program developer and Java fanatic with greater than 8 years of expertise and great services originating from tasks in components similar to firm Java, social networking, resource code research, web of items, and funding banking in businesses resembling Cisco and Deutsche Telekom. he's a graduate of desktop technological know-how from the college of Sofia. he's additionally a qualified Java specialist (SCJP6) and a professional IBM cloud computing answer consultant. His parts of curiosity contain a variety of Java-related applied sciences (Servlets, JSP, JAXB, JAXP, JMS, JMX, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, Hibernate, Spring Framework, Liferay Portal, and Eclipse RCP), cloud computing applied sciences, cloud-based software program architectures, firm program integration, and relational and NoSQL databases. Martin is likely one of the leaders of the Bulgarian Java clients staff (BGJUG), a customary speaker at Java meetings, and one of many organizers at the back of the jPrime convention in Bulgaria (http://jprime.io/).
Table of Contents
- Introducing RabbitMQ
- Design styles with RabbitMQ
- Administration, Confi guration, and Management
- High Availability
- Performance Tuning and Monitoring
- Contributing to RabbitMQ
The eagerly expected re-creation of the bestselling advent to x86 meeting language
The long-awaited 3rd version of this bestselling advent to meeting language has been thoroughly rewritten to target 32-bit protected-mode Linux and the unfastened NASM assembler. meeting is the elemental language bridging human rules and the natural silicon hearts of desktops, and well known writer Jeff Dunteman keeps his certain lighthearted variety as he provides a step by step method of this hard technical discipline.
He begins on the very starting, explaining the elemental principles of programmable computing, the binary and hexadecimal quantity platforms, the Intel x86 computing device structure, and the method of software program improvement lower than Linux. From that starting place he systematically treats the x86 guideline set, reminiscence addressing, approaches, macros, and interface to the C-language code libraries upon which Linux itself is built.
Serves as an excellent advent to x86 computing strategies, as tested through the one language at once understood via the CPU itself
Uses an approachable, conversational sort that assumes no earlier event in programming of any kind
Presents x86 structure and meeting ideas via a cumulative educational procedure that's excellent for self-paced instruction
Focuses fullyyt on unfastened, open-source software program, together with Ubuntu Linux, the NASM assembler, the Kate editor, and the Gdb/Insight debugger
Includes an x86 guide set reference for the commonest laptop directions, particularly adapted to be used via programming beginners
Woven into the presentation are lots of meeting code examples, plus functional tips about software program layout, coding, checking out, and debugging, all utilizing unfastened, open-source software program which may be downloaded for gratis from the Internet.